IPL is back with yet another season and so is the hubbub for the auction. We analyzed this hubbub around the IPL 2017 auction on Twitter using our AI algorithms and came up with a short account of what people were talking about throughout the day. We started our tracking of hashtag #IPLauction 2017 at 9:30 in the morning. You can also find a cumulative automated report: http://reports.karna-ai.com/twitter/3a2b9. Following is the hourly report for the same.

Ipl 2017 auction 9:30 a.m–10:30 a.m

Nearly 27% of the people were happy about the auction with an overall positive sentiment of 68% in the crowd. Since this was the beginning of the event, cricket updates were the most talked about keywords.

ipl 2017

Ipl 2017 auction 10:30 a.m- 11:30 a.m

The emotion for the 2nd hour remained happiness (27%). However, the overall positive sentiments shrunk to 45% with Sri Lanka’s Mathews being the top trending word. English players Eoin Morgan, Jason Roy and Ben Stokes had also started trending with their high auction value for this season. Pawan Negi’s massive devaluation in one year was also being talked of.

ipl 2017

Ipl 2017 auction 11:30 a.m- 12:30 p.m

With a 29% happy emotions and overall 43% positive sentiments, tweets on RCB seemed to trend in the third hour. Tymal Mills with his massive valuation was being talked about. Rabada and Boult were some other bowlers people were talking of. Also, Ishant Sharma failing to fetch a bidder was being discussed.

ipl 2017

Ipl 2017 auction 12:30 p.m- 1:30 p.m

With overall positive sentiments of 45% and 30% happy people, the 4th hour had KKR and Afghan cricketer Mohd. Nabi trending on the word cloud.

ipl 2017

Ipl 2017 auction 1:30 p.m- 2:30 p.m

The emotion remained happy with a score of 37% and the overall sentiment managed to score a 59% of positiveness. And, Kolkata Knight Riders continued to trend during this hour as well. Afghan cricketer Rashid Khan was another new topic of discussion due to his excellent valuation.

ipl 2017

Ipl 2017 auction 2:30 p.m- 3:30 p.m

The happy emotions demodulated to 28% (raising 19% angry ones), making the overall positive sentiments go down to 47%. While Jason and lionsdenkXIP were the trending word cloud topics. One intuitive reason for the anger could be Irfan Pathan and a few other Indian favourites not getting any bids (You can see Irfan started trending here).

ipl 2017

Ipl 2017 auction 3:30 p.m- 4:30 p.m

With a 25% happy emotion and 41% overall positive sentiments, the 7th hour seemed a little agitated. The Gujarat Lions remained the trending on the word cloud.

ipl 2017

At Karna-AI, a ParallelDots product, we deploy a range of cutting-edge AI techniques to derive meaningful insights from large chunks of unstructured text. This can be of great use to brands, market research companies and consulting agencies of all kinds. If you have any questions or suggestions, we would love to hear from you. our social media handles  Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Medium.

Want to know about the sentiment of your consumer. Click here to schedule a free demo.

market research

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *